- This event has passed.
Federal Retirement & Benefits Training Class (In-Person)
September 2, 2021 @ 7:30 am - 3:30 pm HST$66
The Government Employee Benefit Institute
is proud to present
a LIVE (in-person) CSRS/FERS
Pre-Retirement & Benefits Seminar
== Class Date ==
September 2nd, 2021
7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
== Class Location ==
615 Piikoi St, Room 401
== Registration ==
Stop attending classes that are hard to understand!
Most Federal Employees can feel overwhelmed as they prepare for Retirement due to the complexity of the Federal Retirement Benefit System. GEBI has been providing seminars to Federal Employees for over a decade. Through listening to feedback from our attendees over the years, GEBI has created a program that provides attendees with critical information needed to retire from the Federal System in an easy to understand, practical format.
This is not one of those ‘free’ seminars
No financial products or insurance will be sold. This is 100% pure benefit training, focusing on practical application and real-world examples. You will have the opportunity to meet privately with one of the instructors to ask questions – including the most important: “what does this all mean to me?”Federal Employees commonly tell us after our class that they have learned information they never knew prior to attending a GEBI training class.
The class includes (but not limited to):
- Common Pre-Retirement Mistakes
- Retirement Options & Eligibility (including creditable service and military buy-back)
- Maximizing your leave (Annual Leave payouts, the proper way to calculate & use your converted Sick Leave)
- Computing your High-3 and Retirement Annuity
- Survivor Benefit Plan
- COLA in Retirement
- FERS Special Supplement
- Getting the most from Social Security
- TSP: from contributions, to allocations, to distribution strategies
- FEGLI options in Retirement
- FEHB in retirement and Medicare Part B Considerations
…and, time permitting, much more, including overall cash flow considerations, general planning, and suggestions for what to do if you come up short.
The class agenda may be adjusted based on the composition of the class participants and available time. Questions may be asked during the class, however please keep the questions non-personal in nature. To ensure we make it through the class material, most questions will be addressed at the end of the seminar. While not required, it may be very helpful to bring recent copies of your pay stub, SF-50, TSP investment allocation, and/or Social Security statement.
CSRS, CSRS-Offset, FERS, Traditional & Special Provision employees may attend any session.
Enrollment for the class is open, however due to space limitations, all participants will be charged admittance. Each class is a full-day session, running from 7:30am – 3:30pm
Included in the class tuition:
- Optional follow-up meeting with one of instructors. A personalized Retirement Benefit Summary Report and cash flow projection is included with the cost of each ticket as a practical application of the material to be presented in the class. While this report is an important part of understanding how your benefits could look in retirement, redemption thereof is entirely optional. This will also be your chance to ask more personal questions in a private setting. The report includes two post-seminar meetings with one of the instructors, the cost of which is included in the class registration fee. Should you choose to not redeem your benefit summary report, You will NOT be contacted by the instructors after the sessions, nor will they ask for your personal/business contact information.
- Federal Retirement and Benefits Reference Guide. This tool, put together by GEBI (compiled from multiple sources), contains helpful for FERS and CSRS employees looking to retire from Federal Service
- Parking. Please note that the maximum height in the guest parking area is 5’11”. Oversized vehicles will have to find alternate parking. The parking validation does not include in-and- out privileges.
Robert Yeszerski and Dan Hartenstein, registered Federal Retirement Consultants(SM) and founders of GEBI, have been working as wealth managers in Hawaii since 1999. They created GEBI to help government employees maximize their retirement benefits and avoid losses due to choices based on incorrect, incomplete and/or outdated information.
All attendees must be registered prior to the class unless given an exception by GEBI personnel
If the person purchasing the ticket is different from the person actually attending the class, please contact us and send the ticket number and name of the attendee (or attendees if multiple tickets are being purchased). The class registration will not be confirmed until the corresponding attendee names have been submitted to GEBI. Walk-in’s will not be permitted.
This will be an in-person Seminar with limited seating as per Hawaii’s Tier 5 reopening requirements
To comply with Social Distancing guidelines, the class size will be limited to 16 participants. Should you need to be placed on the wait list, please email us directly via [email protected]. The wearing of face masks, covering your nose & chin, will be required. Should you require special accomodation, please contact us directly at the email listed above.
SF182 Section B info:
|Vendor Name & Address:||Government Employee Benefit Institute (GEBI)
615 Piikoi St., Suite 1503
Honolulu, HI 96814
|Training Location:||615 Piikoi St, Room 401|
|Vendor Email:||[email protected]|
|Seminar Cost:||$66 (including tax*)|
|Training Purpose Type:||03|
|Training Type Code:||03|
|Training Sub Type Code:||05|
|Training Delivery Type Code:||03|
|Training Duration:||7 hours|
*Under the Hawaii State Tax Code, Federal Agencies are exempt from paying the General Excise Tax for products, however they are not exempt from paying the GET for services.
CAGE Code: 7EQZ2
*GEBI is a wholly-owned DBA of Hart Financial Services, Inc, a Hawaii-domiciled corporation registered with Dunn & Bradstreet (D&B) and the System for Awards Management (SAM), and A+ accredited with the Better Business Bureau.
FRC(SM), Inc. has ownership of the FRC(SM) logo, and the FRC(SM) and Federal Retirement Consultant(SM) symbols within the United States, which it grants to those individuals who successfully complete and maintain certification.
The Government Employee Benefit Institute (GEBI) and Hart Financial Services are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the Federal Government or any U.S. Government agency.