- This event has passed.
Online Federal Retirement & Benefits Training Class (10a-2p EDT)
June 30, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT$45
The Government Employee Benefit Institute is proud to present
a new live 4-hour
FERS Retirement Benefits Webinar
Stop attending classes that are hard to understand!
Most Federal Employees can feel overwhelmed as they prepare for Retirement due to the complexity of the Federal Retirement Benefit System. GEBI has been providing seminars to Federal Employees for over a decade. Through listening to feedback from our attendees over the years, GEBI created a program that provides attendees with critical information needed to retire from the Federal System in an easy to understand, practical format. Instead of simply presenting the material, we focus on the most important question: What does that mean?
Federal Employees commonly tell us after our class that they learned information they never knew prior to attending a GEBI Webinar.
The FERS Retirement Benefits Webinar includes (but not limited to):
- Common Pre-Retirement Mistakes
- Retirement Options & Eligibility (including creditable service and military buy-back)
- Maximizing your leave (Annual Leave payouts, the proper way to calculate & use your converted Sick Leave)
- Computing your High-3 and Retirement Annuity
- Survivor Benefit Plan
- COLA in Retirement
- FERS Special Supplement
- Getting the most from Social Security
- TSP: from contributions, to allocations, to distribution strategies
- FEGLI options in Retirement
- FEHB in retirement and Medicare Part B Considerations
…and much more, including overall cash flow considerations, general planning, and suggestions for what to do if you come up short.
To make sure our webinar is not like other classes that leave the students with more questions than answers, you will be able to meet virtually with one of the instructors to generate a basic summary of your benefits at retirement, based on your personal information. This will allow you to get a better practical grasp of the material from the webinar – as it pertains to you.
There is no hidden agenda with GEBI.
We are here to help you get the basics you need to know regarding your FERS retirement. There is no selling of financial or insurance products during our webinar or while putting your report together after the virtual class. Contact with GEBI after the virtual webinar is only initiated by you.
Included in the Webinar tuition is:
- The ability to ask questions during the seminar. However please keep the questions non-personal in nature. To ensure we make it through the class material, questions will be addressed at the end of each session.
- Scheduled follow-up meeting with one of instructors to produce a custom summary of your projected benefits at retirement, including a review of this report (review meeting approx. one hour in duration and will be held virtually)
- Federal Retirement and Benefits Reference Guide. This 100 plus page information tool put together by GEBI is compiled of information pertinent to retiring from Federal Service. GEBI has put this information together over the last ten years, updating it every year.
Federal Employees may attend this webinar regardless of their location. A webinar link will be sent to the email used to register and pay tuition unless otherwise clearly arranged. Please send all communications to: [email protected]
Other services available from GEBI:
For those with more detailed questions and/or for those who would like further assistance with how to get the most out of their federal benefits in retirement, an in depth benefit report, cashflow projection, and analysis is available at a nominal additional cost. Custom-tailored Financial Planning strategies are available for those who inquire, however, we recommend that you first attend the webinar to get a basic understanding of your benefits and how they possibly change in retirement.
Visit: GEBIONLINE.COM for more information about the GEBI process and our Instructors.
CAGE Code: 7EQZ2
The Government Employee Benefit Institute (GEBI) is not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the Federal Government or any U.S. Government agency.
SF182 Section B info:
Vendor name and address:
Government Employee Benefit Institute (GEBI)
615 Piikoi St Ste 1503
Honolulu, Hi 96814
Training Location: Virtual / Live (Unique GoToWebinar link obtained after tuition paid)
Vendor Telephone: 808-445-6767
Vendor Email: [email protected]
Webinar Cost / Tuition: $45
Course Number: None / N/A
Training Purpose Type: 03
Training Type Code: 03
Training Sub Type Code: 05
Training Delivery Type Code: 03
Training Duration: 4 hours